• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

J-truck/chero chief axles

NAXJA Forum User
Got a D-44 from a j-10 or cherokee chief and they run wider than grand waggy axles.
Has anyone used one of these...and if so where is a good source to get shafts from? It's the driver side drop so I know it will differ from thee arlier passenger side drop shafts.
I know I could get the BOM and just call someone but if anyone here has already done it...???

Thanks.

the d44's off the j trucks are a little wider than the ones off the waggys and cherokee's

i think the one off the j10's are like 63" and the ones off the waggy/cherokee are like 59" go measure mounting surface to mounting surface and then we will probably have a better idea of which one you have

chevy axles use the same shafts, theyre like 64 or 65" outta the j10's 5" over stock, that s what im running, for now

brandon11130 said:
the d44's off the j trucks are a little wider than the ones off the waggys and cherokee's

i think the one off the j10's are like 63" and the ones off the waggy/cherokee are like 59" go measure mounting surface to mounting surface and then we will probably have a better idea of which one you have

I know this...but the cherokee chiefs used the same width axles as the j-trucks. The regular full size cherokees and wagneers used the narrower axles. I also have measured and it is right about 64" WMS-WMS so I know for certain it is from the truck or chief.

Back