• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missing after changing Injectors

WVridgerunner

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Bro's,
Happy New Year and hope ALL had a Good Chirstmas too.
I have just replaced the injectors with a set from a Mustang #19 lbs,
I also changed the timing chain but put the old in just as the old one was, mark to mark, now my problems are that it is missing on two cylinders,#3 and #6. The injectors are CLICKING as they seem to be working when you listen to them, unplugging them there is on change in the missing, still misses. So I changed the plugs (Hotter plug). Start up, Still misses.
I know the 3 and 6 are next to each in the firing order, what to do, change the injectors or WHAT.
I sprayed Starting fluid around the injectors bases and no rise in the RPM's.
All vacuum lines are to what the book says in the pictures.
What to do: YOU guys are the best I have ran across to ask for help in pointing a Bro' in the right direction. Give a Bro' help.

Are you sure it is the injectors and not the plugs or plug wires? Have you tried to swap the injectors around to see if you have the same problem in the same cylinders?

chris

Two possible issues. Make sure the connectors did not get crossed on the injectors, just like on spark plug wires. Secondly, I have had problems with injectors running like crap after as swap. They apparently were sticking or not functioning properly. A can of BG44K works wonders.

Used injectors YES
New Plugs and wires
Haven't changed injectors YET
No chance of crossing the wires, Tagged the injectors
Ran down Vacuum Hoses Correct
I had figured the injectors have some old gas in the injectors dried
I will change them and get back to all Tues. Nite
Tom, what is BG44k and where can I get it??

Hey guys Thank you for the help. You all are a BIG help in the brains Dept.
Thank you for the great help again
Talk to ya' tomorrow.
GO WVU Mountianeers!!!!!!

BG is normally available from NAPA. It runs around $20 a can.

Tom,
Thank you for the info, I'll get some today.
I was told the injectors could have stuck "OPEN", have you heard of that?
I have two other injectors from the buy off E-Bay, Thats cool, I only have $33.50 in the whole injector set. So the headache is not so bad.
I am changing the others out today.

Hey Guys,
Throw PRAYERS to the Miners from our area out to your Higher POWER no matter WHO it is. They work hard for the small amount of money they make.
Thank you all for the rescue workers that helped too.
My DAD was a preacher in the area for years. It is as hard as it gets for the Families of the Miners.
Thank you ALL

Back