• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some pics from our Elk Lake snow run on Saturday....

Twistedimg

NAXJA Forum User
A little out of place cause no XJ's went but figured you guys would want to see anyways. I didn't drive cause my XJ wouldn't have stood a chance being open/open with fairly bald tires up front. I rode in my buddy's 4runner and we were pushing snow with the bumper. We spent about 6 hours up there having a blast and blazing trail.

elklakesnow01.jpg

elklakesnow02.jpg

elklakesnow03.jpg

elklakesnow04.jpg

elklakesnow05.jpg

elklakesnow06.jpg

elklakesnow07.jpg

elklakesnow08.jpg

GirlScout1 said:
Nice pics man. Looks like the snow was around 12-18" deep huh? Lots of fun.

Hehehe, usually when we jumped out of the rigs for whatever reason it was about waist deep. We used the runner to lead the group since he had the widest tires and was the lightest rig. Just put it in low/low range and try to crawl along packing a trail that was about 18" deep. But quite often we would sink to the bumper and have to work our way out and back on top to keep packing it down.

Starscream918 said:
That 4Runner is awesome.

Its comin along nicely. Just got it back out of the shop in September and has been impressing everyone nicely. Is got a solid axle front conversion obviously w/ a fairly built d44. He just traded his 37x12.50 MTR's straight across for those brand new 37x14.50 Toyo's so the front axle is turning into a D60 very soon. He's running 5.28 gears and dual transfer cases so its got a crawl ratio of about 105:1 yet still cruises the freeway at 60mph without screaming. ARB's front and rear, full cage, etc. etc. He's done some beautiful work to it and it does awesome in all situations its been in so far.

jeepinandy said:
Whats the story with this pic?

Here it is from a different angle. The burban is pretty sunk in the deep snow. We tried winching with the TJ anchored to the YJ and it just drig them both up hill. Had to chain the TJ to a tree and while winching it sucked it up the hill and off the ground. Ended up anchoring a little differently, using a snatch block, and the TJ kept his tires spinning so that as it slid sideways towards the tree so it wouldn't bend a wheel or axle.

elklakesnow07.jpg

Back