• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Dome Light in 87 XJ

makmadison

NAXJA Forum User
I did some searching. Appears most Console and dome light questions are for other combination of years, or cleaner swaps. I'll keep reading thru the multitude of threads. Also, I looked in the Chilton and Haynes manuals, and their wiring diagrams for '97 are not too detailed.

My headliner was shot, so I pulled the headliner, lights and speakers from a '97 XJ and installed them in my '87 XJ.

Now I am trying to get the Dome lights or Courtesy light to work. My dome/courtesy light has a connector like what natep1 posted:

http://www.paceenterprises.us/diagram3.html

In my XJ, I have the pink and black wires to work with. How do I "fake" out the other wiring (e.g., door lock control, door unlock, CCD bus, etc)?

I have the map reading lights working - pink and black wires do fine there.

TIA,

Mark
87 XJ, 3.4l, AX5

I have faulty door switches. Cleaned them up, and now the dome lights are working.

The keyless entry module thru me off, I didn't expect it to be located there. Anyone need a '97 keyless entry module and/or the full wiring harness?

Back