• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Banks header Bad?

XJJack

NAXJA Forum User
I thought that the Banks header was suposed to be a good one that would not crack. Her is mine after 1 year.
280d.jpg

Now what, I have heard of others that also crack, do I just weld and brace this?
There are more cracks on the back side this is just the biggest one.
More pics here

Last edited:
I thought the Banks header was stainless steel....

Banks has a lifetime warranty on their headers...I'd check into it.

Maybe some are but mine is not. Maybe mine is a fake? I no the gasket says torque tube, but I don't recall any markings on the header itself, I will have to go look.

Nope not a mark on it.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm...

I'd contact Banks and/or the place you bought it from. If you don't have any luck there, you could probably just weld it up.

Looks like a banks, but it doesn't look like stainless.
SJ01_TorqueTube.jpg

My Borla hasn't tarnished that much in 12 years. Might be where you live though.

If it is a Banks I would tell them to shove it and give you a new one. If it isn't I'd go back to where you bought it and try that.

That thing is a POS. For the effort in changing it I wouldn't bother welding the damn thing. I haven't ever seen that work for a long time. Usually it's a design issue or shitty welding and it just keeps cracking.

Back