• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling Fan runs...

Benzilla

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have searched the forums for days trying to find the answer to my specific problem, I have only found vague answers that pretain to previous model's of cherokee's. I have a 99 Cherokee Sport with the 4 liter.

My problem is that my cooling fan cycles on and off in 10 second intervals, It only does this when its on the defrost position on the HVAC controls, it doesnt run when its in the A/C position. I know that the A/C run s when the defrost is on to dry the air but wouldnt the fan run when the A/C is on?

I am convinced that the constant fan cycling will burn out the fan clutch.

It's the electric fan that comes on whenever the A/C compressor is running. There is no clutch associated with this fan. I think if you leave it on A/C, you find that it soon begins to run. Setting the heat on high should get to run more quickly.

Benzilla said:
Ok I have searched the forums for days trying to find the answer to my specific problem, I have only found vague answers that pretain to previous model's of cherokee's. I have a 99 Cherokee Sport with the 4 liter.

My problem is that my cooling fan cycles on and off in 10 second intervals, It only does this when its on the defrost position on the HVAC controls, it doesnt run when its in the A/C position. I know that the A/C run s when the defrost is on to dry the air but wouldnt the fan run when the A/C is on?

I am convinced that the constant fan cycling will burn out the fan clutch.
It's to cold this time of year for the A/C to run, the defrost is different.
Everythings working normal.

Back