• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injectors for performance?

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched here and at JU but still have a few questions about the ford injectors. It seems I can get Ford #19, #24 and #30 injectors relatively cheap and easy. From what I've read the stock injectors are just over #20 (I have a '92 HO) so using the #19 injectors I see referenced would be a step backwards (?). This leaves the #24 as I'm not running a stroker yet and I think #30 would be overkill at least.

So far I have a new cat, muffler and 2.5" tail pipe but stock exhaust manifold and downpipe for now. I also have a 60mmTB and cold air intake with less restrictions than stock. I intend to have a stroker in the future so all of my mods thus far have been with that goal in mind, and the injectors are no different.

1- Will the #24 injectors make a difference in performance before I go to the stroker? I'll just wait if it's a pointless upgrade at this point.

2- Are they close enough to stock that I won't need an adjustable MAP?

3- I think that not all #24 Ford injectors have the same spray pattern though. Which is best, 2-holes or 4? I think 4 would be small enough to plug easier, but maybe has a better spray pattern?

thanks-
Shane

I'm running a 4.7L stroker with heeaders and 2.5" exhaust. I still needed the adjustable MAP with the 24# injectors. I am at 5000ft elevation, which may effect things to a degree. Many people have gotten by with the 24#'s without the MAP.

old_man said:
I'm running a 4.7L stroker with heeaders and 2.5" exhaust. I still needed the adjustable MAP with the 24# injectors. I am at 5000ft elevation, which may effect things to a degree. Many people have gotten by with the 24#'s without the MAP.

Ok, I'll plan on building an adjustable MAP before I get carried away with the injectors. Any idea if I'll have much response out of #24 injectors with the 4.0?\

Thanks and Happy New Year

Back