• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm drop brackets??

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
i picked up some 6in coils for a steal
and plan to add it to my jeep alont with some 4.5in leafs in rear and shackles

right now i run 3in rough country coils with spacer, and rough country lower arms for their 4.5in lift and stock upper...

i plan to run the arms with the 6in coils with the arms i have now(till i go long arms)

so how about drop brackets?? who makes them??
how hard are they to fab up?? how much of a drop does it need to be??
do i need drop for lower and uppers??

anything else would be great

cas

has anyone made their own drop braquet or had a shop fab some up?????

does the drop kit also drop the upper arms

will the drop kit work fine with the RC fixed lower arms for 4.5in and stock upper?

Trailmaster made the original drop brackets. The RE brackets are virtual copies of the Trailmaster units, but RE also ofers optional bracing to stiffen the package. One of the guys in the NAC had a Trailmaster bracket rip off the frame while wheeling in MA a year or so ago.

Both kits drop both the uppers and lowers by 4". I had a complete Trailmaster lift on my MJ. It was a 4" lift, and the brackets hung down enough that they were real rock magnets, but the handling on pavement was fine -- no death wobble or any strange steering characteristics. With a bit more height, like maybe a 6" lift or so, I think they're okay.

I ran last year with DB's at 4" and hit them on almost every rock.

I crawled all over this year at 6" and no problems at all.

cassio said:
has anyone made their own drop braquet or had a shop fab some up?????

does the drop kit also drop the upper arms

will the drop kit work fine with the RC fixed lower arms for 4.5in and stock upper?
Hmm. Or you could click the link posted by XJjeepLess and read it, I think you'll find your answers in there.

ok guys thanks for the help specially the link

i'll probably put the 6in coils on the RC 4.5in arms i have now

then in a few weeks i should get the drop brackets (unless i run into a deal on long arms)

thanks cas

I have a passenger side rubicon express drop bracket brace here if you want it to copy off of to make the driver side,$20.00 plus shipping and it's yours.

Back