• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spindle question

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
I'm breaking down a axle and after looking at the spindle(s) I see maybe pitts or flakes from under the inside bearing on one of them. The spindle is not discolored however. Should I replace the spindle before I build this axle? What does this mean?

I plan to keep the ford outers, since dedenbear has devloped a ford type flat top knuckle. But for the time being I'm going to run the stock knuckles, to save buck.

Thanks

tompatjr said:
I'm breaking down a axle and after looking at the spindle(s) I see maybe pitts or flakes from under the inside bearing on one of them. The spindle is not discolored however. Should I replace the spindle before I build this axle? What does this mean?

I plan to keep the ford outers, since dedenbear has devloped a ford type flat top knuckle. But for the time being I'm going to run the stock knuckles, to save buck.

Thanks
I went ahead and bought new spindles for my Ford axle. They will run you $65 a piece at www.completeoffroad.com. One of mine was pitted and discolored which I guess would be caused by lube/water/heat issues. The new spindles also come with new spindle bearings. I don't know about you, but my attempts to remove the spindle bearings from the old parts was unsuccessfull to say the least.

Greg

Yeah, I think I'll end up with new spindles, I may go ahead and get new knuckles too. I may find some chevy flat tops and be don't with it.

Back