• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel out

Alienspecimen

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
Forgive me for the dumb question, but can I just stick a hose and syphone out the fuel in my gas tank?
My Jeep has wrong fuel in the tank and the stealership told me that I will burn it in a couple of tankfulls, but it still stalls from time to time, now it is waiting at a parking lot for me. It seems that when it is cold, it runs better, so tonight I will go and try to get him home...
Can I harm the engine driving it like that? Sometimes it runs so rough...this is why I am considering taking as much fuel out as possible to speed things up...
Thanks
Boris

Wrong fuel? Someone put diesel in it? What year?????

Some tanks you can get a small hose into the tank. I have one set up to siphon fuel out just in case a fuel pump goes bad on some of our rigs.

chris

It is a 99XJ. The receipt shows that I pumped unleaded fuel. I approached the gas station (CITGO in Fairfield, CT), but they won't admit, so I guess we are going to settle it differently...:mad:
I have airpump hoses for fish tanks and that's the plan for now...

Alienspecimen said:
It is a 99XJ. The receipt shows that I pumped unleaded fuel. I approached the gas station (CITGO in Fairfield, CT), but they won't admit, so I guess we are going to settle it differently...:mad:
I have airpump hoses for fish tanks and that's the plan for now...

OK....did you get diesel ? OR unleaded ? ANy unleaded gas should be fine.

If you have diesel in there...it'll smoke pretty good...but yeah I'd get it out.

Gotcha...wow, that sucks. Yeah, you could siphon it, or pull the tank. I would probably just keep topping it off (at a different gas station, of course :laugh3: ) to dillute it until it runs clean.

prb24 said:
Gotcha...wow, that sucks. Yeah, you could siphon it, or pull the tank. I would probably just keep topping it off (at a different gas station, of course :laugh3: ) to dillute it until it runs clean.
Problem is that I can't drive it more than five miles without stalling on the side of the road and then it takes a completely cold engine to run another five miles...:mad: I still have a full gas tank.
Thanks for the help

red91inWA said:
OK....did you get diesel ? OR unleaded ?
It was half full when I filled up with the wrong stuff from the right pump:sunshine:
On this I drove it, until it was half full again and just refueled, it runs better, but still stalls, this is why I am considering the siphoning it out option now....

Back