• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jonnie Joints

okeman

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I did all kinds of research and I ordered the RE superflex kit 3.5". my question is it comes with jonnie joints and Im not hearing much about them, but I was wondering if I should go with the adustable lower control arms instead of the jonnie joints arms, and Im also being told that I can run 32" being that the wagoneer will not be offroaded. any help would be great, thanks

They are not johny joint but superflex joints, quite similiar, the adjustment of the arms are in length only so what kind of mount on the ends is independent of whether they are adjustable. I guess I don't understand your ??? If you are going to stay with that kit, adjustables are not necessary, I have the same kit and am running 32" tires with some trimming.

Skullvarian said:
They are not johny joint but superflex joints, quite similiar, the adjustment of the arms are in length only so what kind of mount on the ends is independent of whether they are adjustable. I guess I don't understand your ??? If you are going to stay with that kit, adjustables are not necessary, I have the same kit and am running 32" tires with some trimming.
the question is full adjustable control arms with the fixed ends, or the ones that are simular to the "jonnie Joint arms" whilh would be better for my application, I plan to stick spacers upfront later and bigger shackles later for a bit more lift also but I want to see how it will settle first.

Well if you are going to go higher you may want to think about adjustables to keep your axle and pinion where they should be as adjustable lowers will allow adjustment for axle placement and adj. uppers will allow pinion angle adjustment, as for the ends, superflex joints versus rubber bushings is a matter of preference, I can't comment on that as I have never used the rubber bushing style arms, maybe someone who has will chime in. good luck

ok thanks for the help I hope to figure this all out befor I get the kit on, and have to make al the changes after, I would only like to do it twice lol. Im sure I'll have to change somthing. do you like the superflex joints or do you have any negitive comments about them?

I like them as far as ride quality, but recently blew one out(clunking noise and some play, no catastrophic damage), luckily they are very easy to rebuild, and parts are available from RE. good luck with your kit, the install was not too bad and the kit performs quite nicely.

Back