• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thoes black MJ vents behind the doors

stupidfast

NAXJA Forum User
how do i get the fake vents off that are mounted behind the door on the MJ cab? theres a bees nest in mine and i need to repaint eventualy. i think i might be able to just push it up and pull out... but i dont want to break it. everyone knows how some plastic can get after it weathers for 18 years

They just pull straight out. They are the little push in christmas tree things. Best way is to start at the bottom and work slowly to the top. 2 push pins at the bottom, 1 in the middle and 1 at the top. Just remember"old Plastic" and becareful.

I'm pretty far away from mine at the moment, but I don't think they pull straight out. The retainers on the "louvers" are an upside down 'U' shape, IIRC, and you tap upward from the bottom to pop them off the push-ins.

Just checked on my '87 MJ, the vents push up, and are held on by the little "christmas trees". It only takes a small up movement to pop off the vent panel, so don't over do it.

Back