• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Help A Noob

GreenXJ2K

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
Got a 2000 XJ. D30 F/D35 R, 140K, stock

Things that I will be doing soon, need some help/recommendations.

RADIATOR: got a quote for a CSF 2 row for 140

WATER PUMP: stock or hesco hi-flow, its my DD, not sure if I need hi-flow. Not too sure about dropping 150, when stock is around 60. Hi-flow t-stat housing...?

T-STAT: Mr. Gasket 4365 (195F) this is a balanced t-stat I found while reading this:http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoWaterpump.htm
looks like a good idea, anybody have any experience with these?

HUBS: Ive looked around and they range from 80-150, I've read people have had good luck with Timken.

U-JOINTS (FR axle): upgrading to x760, are these Spicer parts usually available at all ap stores?

Ive searched and never came up with best in each category, because everyone uses their jeep for different things. I happen to use mine for work (500-600 mi/wk) city/highway driving. Just looking for the most reliable, and something I hopefully wont have to touch for another 140K.

Thank You.
John

rad has a small leak, I rear ended some drunk kid a while back, may be due to that. The best part about it was he gave me his insurance card, said it was his fault, at the time I didnt have insurance. Got a quote for 5000 grand, fixed it with new parts for 550, not painted yet. I posted here a week ago about a gear whining noise, narrowed it down to the hubs, while im there I figure why not change out the ujoints.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10620
theres a link in there to my orig post

GreenXJ2K said:
Hello,
Got a 2000 XJ. D30 F/D35 R, 140K, stock

Things that I will be doing soon, need some help/recommendations.

RADIATOR: got a quote for a CSF 2 row for 140

WATER PUMP: stock or hesco hi-flow, its my DD, not sure if I need hi-flow. Not too sure about dropping 150, when stock is around 60. Hi-flow t-stat housing...?

T-STAT: Mr. Gasket 4365 (195F) this is a balanced t-stat I found while reading this:http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoWaterpump.htm
looks like a good idea, anybody have any experience with these?

HUBS: Ive looked around and they range from 80-150, I've read people have had good luck with Timken.

U-JOINTS (FR axle): upgrading to x760, are these Spicer parts usually available at all ap stores?

Ive searched and never came up with best in each category, because everyone uses their jeep for different things. I happen to use mine for work (500-600 mi/wk) city/highway driving. Just looking for the most reliable, and something I hopefully wont have to touch for another 140K.

Thank You.
John

Is all those things bad already or do you just want to change them?

Radiator def yes

water pump, I figure its time, the gasket is falling out, and there a tiny leak around it. Since Im changing the rad, seems like a good idea.

Hubs, I ran the jeep down a hill, power off, gear whine. I can get it to stop by swerving back and forth, based on a previous post im going for it.

U-joints, I'll have everything out anyway, and theres 140 on them.

GreenXJ2K said:
Radiator def yes

water pump, I figure its time, the gasket is falling out, and there a tiny leak around it. Since Im changing the rad, seems like a good idea.

Hubs, I ran the jeep down a hill, power off, gear whine. I can get it to stop by swerving back and forth, based on a previous post im going for it.

U-joints, I'll have everything out anyway, and theres 140 on them.

HEck yeah, U-Joints cost a whopping 12$, might as well replace em while u r n there. well the ones on the Driveshaft do, now that i think about it, im not sure of the cost of the Axel ones. as far as the rad, i got a GDI 3 core from, i BELIEVE it was radiator. com. and that was about $130.00 It was back n 2002 so i dont know what the prices r like now.Just my IMO. Good luck.

Am I asking the wrong questions here, am I using improper forum etiquette. Yes, it needs to be fixed. Ive searched till i'm blue, i dont know where to start, so I came here and hit the proverbial brick wall. Much appreciated.

The truth is start out with which ever you like most. some start with a lift, others with a bumper others still with the sound system.

just put in what you think would help the most in first then what ever you like.

Back