• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Going higher and disconnects

sprinkler1228

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on adding onto my current 4.5" lift. I want to add spacers and shackles. I have enough adjustment in my trackbar and my shocks have enough length in them. My question is will I have to get longer center tubes for my re quick disconnects? I figure there are many of us out there who have done this. Any advice will be helpful.

So you'll be at about 6.5" total? The answer is yes. You'll need to extend them because the discos will likely hit the front coils because they'll be at the wrong angle due to being too short.

You can buy extensions from RE but this would be a good opportunity to look at getting something that is easier to use...especially if you wheel your rig.

I had the RE discos and absolutely hated them. I ran Gen 2 JKS's and ended up with Teraflex discos. I think they are the easiest to use and the simplest to maintain. Only drawback, at the lift you will end up at you'll need to extend them. :shrug:

But to answer the question, get the extensions, life will be easier.

Silverstreak01 said:
throw the swaybar OUT and never look back.

now *THERE* is some good safe advice.

You should run aired down all the time too, be ready for the trail before your there!

yeah I would use the chance to upgrade to JKS or another adjustable set. It lets you fine tune alot more.

I also agree with getting rid of the rear but not the front. Sure 95% of the time you aren't really relying on the swaybar but that one time you need it you may wish you had it...as you slid across the road on your lid.

i took mine off, and trust me....as soon as i can, it's going back on.
Silverstreak01 said:
throw the swaybar OUT and never look back.

Back