• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Returned From Camping and Now Have Questions

TMaggert

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from camping up Lead King Basin and I now have questions.

1. What is the stock ('89 Pioneer Auto I6) height from the center of the hubs to the bottom of the fenders? I measured them after my trip and they went FP:17 1/4" RP:16 1/2" RD: 16" FD: 17 1/2". Is this normal?

2. Because of this I'm looking at buying a 3" Sky Jacker lift. What is the largest tires I can fit with TJ flares? I believe I can fit 32x10.5.

3. On my way to the trail I was running hot. It never red lined but got extremely close before my group stopped to air down. This part was all highway ~55-65 MPH. Then it was still hot for the next 2 miles on a 15mph dirt road it stayed hot (not red line) then got back to normal. The whole rest of the trip (there and back home) it stayed normal. Any Ideas????

Thanks,
Taylor

The accepted "stock" dimensions are 17.5" front and 17.0" rear.

I am not sure if the 89s have this. but Check your clutch fan. which means the fan belt driven not the electric one. see if it wiggles side to side. if so that means the clutch is shot. or maybe your rad needs flushed. or the water pump is on its way out.

cherokeekid95 said:
I am not sure if the 89s have this. but Check your clutch fan. which means the fan belt driven not the electric one. see if it wiggles side to side. if so that means the clutch is shot. or maybe your rad needs flushed. or the water pump is on its way out.

I'll check the clutch but I replaced the water pump a month ago.

Yeah the 89s have a clutch on the mech fan. The question however is "how has it been in the month since you installed that water pump?" - been running okay and the heat issue just started, or has it been going on since changing out the water pump?

One of these days I'm going to hit the parts stores and snap some pics of right and wrong rotation water pumps - but not today...

Yucca-Man said:
Yeah the 89s have a clutch on the mech fan. The question however is "how has it been in the month since you installed that water pump?" - been running okay and the heat issue just started, or has it been going on since changing out the water pump?

One of these days I'm going to hit the parts stores and snap some pics of right and wrong rotation water pumps - but not today...

It has been perfect sense I installed the pump. Never had any overheating problems. An the overheating only happened once (on the hwy on the way up).:confused:

Back