• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHORT NOTICE - Run Gold Mtn & John Bull TOMORROW

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody,

A couple of buddies are in town and want to run Gold Mtn and John Bull tomorrow (Wednesday!) We are meeting in Big Bear at 9:30 at the ARCO on the "other" side of Big Bear lake, just before you enter Big Bear City. We will be on CB chnl 4 and my cell # is 714-319-7135. I am leaving OC at 7:30 and taking the 38 route up the hill.

PM or call if you are interested.

Tow points are mandatory. Everything else is your call. Stock vehicle not recommended. I have run both trails on 3" lift with no lockers.

Hope someone can make it. We have 3 vehicles right now - 2 full size Jeeps and my XJ.

Thanks,

Hey Robert, Thanks again for the 31 Comps. Hope to get them on this weekend. Hope to make the next Big Bear Run. Have to give us a report on how the new lift works out. Russ

pottenger said:
Hey Robert, Thanks again for the 31 Comps. Hope to get them on this weekend. Hope to make the next Big Bear Run. Have to give us a report on how the new lift works out. Russ

Hey Russ,

Glad to meet you the other day. I will be planning something for Big Bear in late Jan or early Feb. I hope the new kit works well. I am a little scared beacause I have not had any time to test it or change bumpstops.

Look for a report and pics on Thursday.

Robert

Here are some pics from the run. Both trials were more challenging than earlier this year. No real carnage, just my right front fender flare popped loose then the tire grabbed it and bent my fender a little.

It was a great day. A little snow/rain mix for about 15 min, just enough to knock down the dust.

The new lift and 33's performed great! I really need gears though. I also need to bumpstop correctly and trim just a little of the front fenders.

Enjoy!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=xj7ztxt.6va6ljcp&x=0&y=r1uad6

Back