• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will my.........

I have the stock steel wheels on my 95. wondering if the jeep logo center caps from these will fit the new cragar soft 8's that I have on order, or if I need to order the cragar center caps.

stock wheels do not have the same style center cap as the Cragar wheels. the center of the cragar wheel is flat and the center cap is "cup" shaped. i assume you could transfer the sticker/emblem to the new cap but the design is different.

hippymill said:
that's what I needed to know. thanks. Out goes another $40 on the jeep.

psh... 40? i just dropped 600 on brakes all around... your in the wrong sport if 40 bucks shakes you

Out goes another $40 on the jeep

your in the wrong sport if 40 bucks shakes you

i agree. i just bought those exact center caps that your looking at for $40 bucks and then had to spend another $2800 to get them installed. (i needed the soft 8 397 cragars to go around the center cap. then i needed 33's to go around the new wheels. then i needed a 4" lift to go around the tires. then i needed a Slip yoke eliminator to use the 4" lift. then some poison spyder rockers to protect me from damage that the 4" lift will carry me to. then a new 9000# winch to get me out of where the 4" lift just got me into. then a new winch bumper to mount the new winch to. then new gears to be able to turn the new 33's and all that weight. then new steering to handle turning those big heavy tires while i'm in the process of getting stuck so i can use the new winch. etc.....etc.....etc...)

so as you can see. buying center caps is more expensive than you think.

scorpio_vette said:
i agree. i just bought those exact center caps that your looking at for $40 bucks and then had to spend another $2800 to get them installed. (i needed the soft 8 397 cragars to go around the center cap. then i needed 33's to go around the new wheels. then i needed a 4" lift to go around the tires. then i needed a Slip yoke eliminator to use the 4" lift. then some poison spyder rockers to protect me from damage that the 4" lift will carry me to. then a new 9000# winch to get me out of where the 4" lift just got me into. then a new winch bumper to mount the new winch to. then new gears to be able to turn the new 33's and all that weight. then new steering to handle turning those big heavy tires while i'm in the process of getting stuck so i can use the new winch. etc.....etc.....etc...)

so as you can see. buying center caps is more expensive than you think.

The $40 is not a big deal. They will also cost me a lot (wheels to go around them, tires to go around the wheels, lift to go over the wheels.......)

I am trying to keep track of the total cost of the project, so it's just one more # to add to the total.

I am trying to keep track of the total cost of the project, so it's just one more # to add to the total

i'm not usually one to just go and blow money, but my wife hasn't spend a penny on upgrading her jeep since she bought it. everything she has on it i bought her for b-days and other stuff. since we had to fix it now cuz it was in an accident, we just said: f*** it. let's get everything you want for it and put it on the credit card. that way she won't have to buy any more upgrades for another 7 years. (other than repairs and fixing oil leaks)

Back