• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift party (BBQ and Cupcakes)

Cupcake

NAXJA Member #1377
well since i got my lift it is now time to get it installed i have had CAL offer his place in fullerton to do the lift i was thinking of some dates we can do it.... how does the Jan 14th which is a saturday sound to everyone... cal gets the last call tho becuase we are going to be using his place if anyone wants to do it on any other date please let me know...

work that will be getting done:
RE6130
JKS Quicker Disconnects
MAYBE Rear d44 (if i find one soon)

i will bring the hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, and cupcakes
you guys can save the beer for when my jeep is done haha

my jeep is a '91 with ProCrap a OLD 3" lift that will be comming
if you can attend please post here

thanks
cupcake

:wave: Good lift. You may want to send those JKS disco's back. I just got the RE6130 and it had second generation disco's. The guys that helped me with my lift all wanted the RE disco's. So check the box first.

Sorry I wont be able to attend.

Rook1

Last edited:
kev0 said:
well since i got my lift it is now time to get it installed i have had CAL offer his place in fullerton to do the lift i was thinking of some dates we can do it.... how does the Jan 14th which is a saturday sound to everyone... cal gets the last call tho becuase we are going to be using his place if anyone wants to do it on any other date please let me know...

RE6130
JKS Quicker Disconnects

i will bring the hot dogs, hamburgers, buns, and cupcakes
you guys can save the beer for when my jeep is done haha

my jeep is a '91 with ProCrap a OLD 3" lift that will be comming
if you can attend please post here

thanks
cupcake

Start hitting EVERY bolt with PB Blaster right now, daily until lift day.

If you do that, others may come. ;)

ROOK1 said:
:wave: Good lift. You may want to send those JKS disco's back. I just got the RE6130 and it had second generation disco's. The guys that helped me with my lift all wanted the RE disco's. So check the box first.
If you do want the RE gen II's I'll trade you for the JKS :D I got a brand new set in the box ;) (although I'll probably be the first to say the I think JKS is much nicer over RE, but should you insist ;))

What the heck Kev? You got the JKS AND the RE 2nd Gen discos? Just saw your ad in the for sale section? Did they send you both? Score a freebie??

Kejtar said:
If you do want the RE gen II's I'll trade you for the JKS :D I got a brand new set in the box ;) (although I'll probably be the first to say the I think JKS is much nicer over RE, but should you insist ;))

Sorry the RE's are on the Heep. I haven't a clue about the JKS disco's compare to the RE's, but I had a couple of guys say the RE's were nice. I do know the old RE's were/are junk.:)

my dad got the JKS ones so imma just use those and sell the RE ones i need to go hunting for a 44 i know there is one out there in socal.... ready to drive or not i will find one....

cupcake

ROOK1 said:
Sorry the RE's are on the Heep. I haven't a clue about the JKS disco's compare to the RE's, but I had a couple of guys say the RE's were nice. I do know the old RE's were/are junk.:)
OK, I compared the new RE's to JKS and believe me it's still JKS. Yea the RE gen 2's are an improvement, but they are still lacking.

yea i am gonna start spraying down the leaf, shocks mounts, control arms, track bar, what else am i missing

cupcake

kev0 said:
RE6130
JKS Quicker Disconnects

I'll check on the date tonight and let you know.

Don't forget to buy axle end UCA bushings. Or give someone money to bring me a 12 pack of corona and two limes, and I'll give you a set.. I have a couple extra.

-C

RisingSun said:
I think I'm caught up with life... So I think I'll be able to make it out there. Just provide a time. I have spring compressors too. If you have an aircompressor, and an impact it'll make life a lot easier......

Scott Suyeto, I can even BBQ :chef:

Spring compressors will not be necessary, and I do have air tools, although my compressor is blowing headgaskets lately.. I think it will get through a lift ok.

ROOK1 said:

Myself, I've seen three sets of RE gen 2 disco's break (the bolt pulls out of the red thingy at the top). I have two pairs of RE gen 2 disco's I keep in the spare parts box, but I'd never use them on purpose. ;)

cal i will give you the money for a 12 pack of corona and a bag of limes :D is there a Ralphs buy your house cuz i get a discount there hahaha let me know

cupcake

i need to go hunting for a 44 i know there is one out there in socal

If your still looking for a 44, Quinn at All J's has a couple listed on his web site. www.boulderbars.com If you give him a call he may negotiate the price with you a bit
Enjoy that new lift, I have had mine for a month now and I love it. I upgraded mine with 7.5" coils, 5.5 rear springs and boomerang shackles. rides awesome! Front end lift will take a bit to get used to though.
Brian

you can just put bigger springs on a 4.5 lift and it will make it higher? if you put a spacer would it basically accomplish the same thing ?>

BigRedsXJ said:
you can just put bigger springs on a 4.5 lift and it will make it higher? if you put a spacer would it basically accomplish the same thing ?>

It will just 'make it higher' but the track bar that comes wiht the 4.5" lift isn't good much beyond 5" or 5.5, and the ride REALLY sucks going any higher with short arms. You'd want to go longarms or drop brackets, need ot get new shocks, adjust the pinion angle vs caster..

Back