• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Any one running a 4.6 stroker? Was doing some major engine work and found alot that i did not like. So now I'm looking at a full rebuild and would like to build a 4.6 Just wondering about engine performance and problems from peaple that acctually have one.

Love the performance and no problems.

Nothing wrong with a new thread on strokers, it's a good subject. However, you will find a wealth of information on strokers in the performance forum if you do a search.

Only In A Jeep XJ said:
Any one running a 4.6 stroker? Was doing some major engine work and found alot that i did not like. So now I'm looking at a full rebuild and would like to build a 4.6 Just wondering about engine performance and problems from people that actually have one.

Performance is scintillating and I love it. Definitely the best mod I've done to my Jeep, and no problems so far (knock on wood) after 20k miles.
Go to my sites and you'll find all you need to know about strokers.
small.A9DFB5LA1GZW1.jpg

265hp@4900/325lbft@3500, 1/4 mile = [email protected], 0-60 = 5.6secs :D
Websites - Jeep 4.0 Performance, 4.6L Stroker Build-Up, Dino's Jeep Tricks

Forever in the s__t. It's only the depth that varies!

65k on an Accurate Power 4.6 kit. Great power, better fuel economy...etc. If you are doing a rebuild anyways, I would DEFINATELY stroke it.

Thanks for the info. I've done alot of research on the strokers and will be going the lowbuck route. One of those things of I got it apart and the conversion is not much difference in price I allready need a crank so why not stroke it at the same time. the only difference now is that i need a head from a pre 95 HO.

Back