• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I screwed up radiator. Fixable?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
When taking th elower hose of my radiator (brass) I managed to bend the "nipple" so now it leaks with the new hose on it. I use channel locks to break loose the hose. So its oblong, I tried to get it orund by squeezing the opposite high spots and that made it square. Any suggestions on how to make it round again? Preferable with the hose still on so I dont have to drain the coolant again.

summitlt said:
When taking th elower hose of my radiator (brass) I managed to bend the "nipple" so now it leaks with the new hose on it. I use channel locks to break loose the hose. So its oblong, I tried to get it orund by squeezing the opposite high spots and that made it square. Any suggestions on how to make it round again? Preferable with the hose still on so I dont have to drain the coolant again.

No way possible with the hose on. I would see if you could find an exhaust expander that can go down to a very small diameter. I think 1" should be OK, or maybe even a touch smaller. Other than that, get a new radiator, and maybe use some hose grease when you re-install, that way you can leave the vise grips in the toolbox and stop breaking shat. :gag:

exaust expander seems like a good idea to me......you may have to sweat the nipple back into the tank too...check the joint at the tank and make sure its not leaking there.

Back