• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brakes Grrr!!

asatxj

NAXJA Forum User
I've had it with the brakes on my 91 I've replaced the booster/MC with a 97 model. Everything except the line going from the prop valve to the rear soft line is NEW. I can find no leaks. I've pressure bled the system, adjusted the rear brakes, replaced the ebrake cable. IT STILL GOES TO THE FLOOR. I can stop but not very well. A little help would be appreciated right now as I'm about to lose my mind with this thing.

Dumb question but, did you bench bleed the m/c before you tried bleeding the lines? If not, you've found your problem..........Hans

This was done a while a go. I just replaced a lt frt caliper and the line from the PV to the caliper. News flash! I was checking out the work after taking a break and found out that I got a RIGHT caliper from the auto parts place. (they can't tell left from right I guess) Yes, they do fit on there fine but I would think there would be air trapped in that caliper. I'll fix that tomorrow and see what happens. more news when I'm done .

Back