• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Super Flex 3.5

Fantobacon

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at buying this with the ES3000 Shock Kit .

I was just wondering if there is a huge difference in the add-aleaf & the whole spring leaf kit.

And if my tires are going to clear. 31 x 10.5 BFG AT's...But I think the 4.5 lift is going to make the tires look too small-

thanks for any suggestions.
r-

3.5 will fit those 31's perfectly with a little bit of trimming.

Dont bother with the AAL's...get the full packs. 6 months down the road when your springs settle in, youll be glad you got the full packs where as the AAL's will most likely be sagging.

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=115

Free shipping, free shocks!

Save your money...you will be kicking yourself later down the road if you buy the AAL's.

But then you know really...for another 250 bucks, you could get the 4.5 Superflex that comes with the trackbar, upper control arms, the GOOD quick disconnects and shackles. That would give you more upgradability in terms of larger tires later down the road and you probably wouldnt have to trim anything with 31's

go to www.alljeep.com

He has great RE kit prices, owner's name is Wayne. I've had great luck with add-a-leaves and an extended spring shackle. 3.5" should fit 31's just fine with the right dimensions for your wheels. 15x7 wheels with 4-4.5" of backspacing are ideal. No trimming necessary. If not, extensions for the bumpstops are dirt cheap.

I spoke to a local RE dealer... he said the RE TwinTube shocks are somewhat firmer than the DT3000's and the same price. So whatever your preference is on shocks. I had the DT's and they were fine, but then got some fancy Rancho's and love them.

IF you are only going to ever want to run 31's get this lift. But, if you want to go bigger in a year or five, get the 4.5" lift with all the goodies and upgrades because you WILL be happier in the long run with less spent total on lift parts.

Hope this helps... enjoy the new lift!

Jared:patriot:

Oh yes, I'd also steer away from the super flex control arms. Nothing wrong with them other than the price. They do transmit a little more road noise into the cab than the super ride arms though. You can get a little more flex out of them, but not much, and not enough to justify the price.

To sum up, get the 3.5" super ride lift kit with good shocks. Get the right wheels to match, even stockers work fine. If you want bigger, get the best 4.5" kit that RE sells.

There, I'm done.

Jared:patriot:

And here's a link to alljeep.com's RE lifts!

I got the RE 3.,5" super flex form Jason at Jeepin' Outfitters and am very pleased with it. I upgraded to the OME shocks and adj. lower control arms as well. I am running 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains on stock wheels right now, look great, plenty of clearance as well.

Go with the super flex, that's what everyone was telling me when I was getting ready to buy mine. Super Flex and full leaf packs. I wish I would have gone with the 4.5" super flex kit now, because I will e going higher, but 33s can fit under the 3.5" kit with trimming/bumpstopping.

Also when you think about it, if you aren't ready for the 4.5" kit, the 3.5" is basically a downgraded version, except the coils. You can always add on shackles, upper control arms, and adj. trackbar, and spacers for the coils. More expensive, yes, but if you aren't wanting a huge lift at first.........

DBenz said:
I got the RE 3.,5" super flex form Jason at Jeepin' Outfitters and am very pleased with it. I upgraded to the OME shocks and adj. lower control arms as well. I am running 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains on stock wheels right now, look great, plenty of clearance as well.

Go with the super flex, that's what everyone was telling me when I was getting ready to buy mine. Super Flex and full leaf packs. I wish I would have gone with the 4.5" super flex kit now, because I will e going higher, but 33s can fit under the 3.5" kit with trimming/bumpstopping.

Also when you think about it, if you aren't ready for the 4.5" kit, the 3.5" is basically a downgraded version, except the coils. You can always add on shackles, upper control arms, and adj. trackbar, and spacers for the coils. More expensive, yes, but if you aren't wanting a huge lift at first.........
sounds cool..you got some pics of your setup?

r-

I just completed installing this kit on my 2001. I measured 5.5" lift in the front and 6" in the back!

RE has a reputation for underestimating the lift they provide, but this is pretty extreme-- there's so much vibration from the driveshaft I'm afraid to drive it until I get a new one.

I had the local 4 Wheel Parts guys do the alignment-- I asked them what they thought about the ammount of lift I got, and they suggested I may of had some sag in the old springs (which I believe as the previous owner did a lot of towing). Assuming I was 1" under stock to begin with, the 3.5" RE lift would actually be 4.5" in the front and 5" in the back-- not as severe, but I still need to get a new drive shaft.

Oh yeah, I'm running Moab wheel and stock tires from a Rubicon TJ... they look great!

-Andy

Back