• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Core Flushing

K2XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok...ive done the research and i found the great post of how to flush your heater core by craig. Upon checking out my heater hoses, i see there are these strange clips that hold the hoses onto the core. I have no idea how to remove them. They should be stock clips because i dont think they have ever been touched (95 xj for those whom wonder). Any ideas please??

Cheers,
K2XJ

sorry..no pics...camera MIA.

I believe they are called circlips (though not 100% sure). They are completely smooth all way round (ie no where to put a screw driver or anything).

If those are some sort of cimped on ones be careful removing them or you might break one of the bungs. If they are crimped on they should have a boxlike tab that HAD to be accessable to the tool inorder to do the crimp. I have never seen them on the heater or rad hoses. The only way I know how to remove them is with a set of dykes, er ah, sidecutters, be gentle, once the clips are off then use an xacto or razor knife to slice them length wise so you can peel them off.
The ONLY factory clamps I have ever seen on them are spring clips that take a special tool to grab the tabs or a WIDE TOOTHED set of pliers. Those clamps come with and already on the hoses from the dealer. I have two sets sitting on the shelf now waiting for spring.

Back