• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 marker lights

Dan1990XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I have a newely aquired 1995 XJ and I have discovered today that the front marker lights do not work. I assummed it would be a fuse or a ground problem but I was surprised to find that neither was the problem (at least I think) I believe this because the turn signals both still work although the marker lights themselves do not turn on. Could anyone please help me figure this out? Thanks in advance for any help, I greatly appreciate it.

Are there two bulbs? Is there on set for turn signals and another set for marker lights? Because I didnt think burned out bulbs because the turn signals worked as well.

Dan1990XJ said:
Are there two bulbs? Is there on set for turn signals and another set for marker lights? Because I didnt think burned out bulbs because the turn signals worked as well.

It's one bulb but double filaments 1 for turn signals and 1 for markers lights.

If it isn't the bulbs or fuses, check the connector directly under the air filter box.
corrosion is pretty common on that connector.

The "side marker lights" on the front (the ones that face the side - behind an amber lens) have a single filament. When the parking or headlights are on, this is lit and it blinks off (dark) when the turn signal blinks.
The "turn signal lamps" on the front (the ones that face the front - behind a noncolored lens) have two filaments. When the parking or headlights are on, the low power one is lit. When it blinks the turn signal, the high power filament lights intermittently.

Back