• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picture needed

Elwood77

NAXJA Forum User
We have a crashed '87 XJ Laredo fully loaded in our back lot at work that I've been taking parts off for my wife's XJ Sport.
I took the center counsel and rear heater ducting out of it today. The only problem is it's missing the part the armrest latch snaps onto. So it stays sprung open. Can someone with the center counsel option take a picture of the clip part on the console so I can fabricate a piece up?
Thanks a million

Elwood77 said:
We have a crashed '87 XJ Laredo fully loaded in our back lot at work that I've been taking parts off for my wife's XJ Sport.
I took the center counsel and rear heater ducting out of it today. The only problem is it's missing the part the armrest latch snaps onto. So it stays sprung open. Can someone with the center counsel option take a picture of the clip part on the console so I can fabricate a piece up?
Thanks a million

Hell Ive never had one that worked out of the 10 xj's we had had

Heck I didn't know they were supposed to spring open. :dunno:
The latch did work on my '87 when I got it, but when I took it home and started going through it and sorting things out, my 2YO niece hopped in to check it out with me. The little doll flipped the lid down and when it slammed shut the latch broke. So it didn't even work a whole day of the time I had it. I think it was just a litle tongue of plastic that hung out over the little hole the latch hook sticks down into and I figured I could make a part out of some 1/8 X 1 aluminum flatbar I have laying around, but being the way it is hasn't bothered me so I just never got around to fixing it. But then again, mine never sprung open, so I guess that part was already broken. Might just grab a latch part and spring next time I'm at the local pick & pull, probably a couple dozen there.

The rear seat heat is nice. Doesn't warm the area as quickly as the front heat, but helps even the heat throuhgout the cabin once you get it warm.

Back