• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bought a 90 Xj, not sure about it

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4596372559

adn its not my first XJ. Ive had an 89 adn learned all about them thru that.NOW the reason im posting this is the Jeeps great 4 its age, i feel like i scored...But what isnt n the pics is the question i have. theres a console running doen the middle of the cieling, with four readign lights, 2 front/2 rear, a direction/temp readout, and a small black hemisphereical dome protruding from it.It where the sunroof now is, the bakc half was cut and spun around, nota bad job really. I am just curious as 2 weather this was a factory option at the time or if someone pulled this from a caravan or something, And what n the hell kinda sensor that little dome is....I replaced the Rocker arm cover 2 stopa lil leak..and am DIGGIN the full time 4WD!!!!!!ITs one hell of a 2K$ XJ!!!

no, the consol is stock from the factory and that little black dome is what recieves the signal from the door unlock remote (the kind that goes on your key chain). ive got that same consol but my automatic lockin feature doesnt work any longer.

Beachmonkey6 said:
no, the consol is stock from the factory and that little black dome is what recieves the signal from the door unlock remote (the kind that goes on your key chain). ive got that same consol but my automatic lockin feature doesnt work any longer.

ditto this same thing in my 90 limited

sweeet. This particular jeep then was a test bed of sorts for technology then it seems.With the "Full time" 4WD (modern day AWD) Keyless entry, which is , of course dang near standard on most if not all vehicles 2-day.Now, assuming the keyless entry reciever curcuit still works,....since both of yall said yours DONT,
I am thinking i would have 2 get info from the Stealership, and then fall flat on my arse once i find out how much it would cost 2 get another, IF its available.
This n mind, itd most likley b cheaper 2 just go online, find an aftermarket system, install it myself, replacing the original one. Once this is accomplished i will tell peoplees the lil blackdome is a 360% radar detector sensor. Of course before i worry 2 muchabout all that ill buy some 32s' : D and im gonna sell those rims, theres all 5 of em,...and i dont care 4 gold much, any takers? This isnt an official FS posting, ill do it the correct way, n the correct forum.

Wally, would it absolutely KILL you to write out "to" instead of "2"? We aren't limited to 64 characters of text here, and it's a lot easier to understand what you're asking when "u" write in English rather than TXT MSG.

Wallymander said:
sweeet. This particular jeep then was a test bed of sorts for technology then it seems.With the "Full time" 4WD (modern day AWD) Keyless entry, which is , of course dang near standard on most if not all vehicles 2-day.Now, assuming the keyless entry reciever curcuit still works,....since both of yall said yours DONT,
I am thinking i would have 2 get info from the Stealership, and then fall flat on my arse once i find out how much it would cost 2 get another, IF its available.
This n mind, itd most likley b cheaper 2 just go online, find an aftermarket system, install it myself, replacing the original one. Once this is accomplished i will tell peoplees the lil blackdome is a 360% radar detector sensor. Of course before i worry 2 muchabout all that ill buy some 32s' : D and im gonna sell those rims, theres all 5 of em,...and i dont care 4 gold much, any takers? This isnt an official FS posting, ill do it the correct way, n the correct forum.

sorry not a fan of the goldies my self i cant wait to pick up some black ones with a lil more room! i have all 5 too

100_9956.jpg

Nice looking XJ

Beachmonkey6 said:

Do you mean the locks no longer lock when leaving the vehicle or do you mean the FOB no longer works period?

The older keyless entry with the round thing on the ceiling use infrared remotes and have a short line of site remotes. There's a aftermarket firm that makes them that you can program yourself. I had a 96 once and got two for it.

JoBo

JoBo said:
The older keyless entry with the round thing on the ceiling use infrared remotes and have a short line of site remotes. There's a aftermarket firm that makes them that you can program yourself. I had a 96 once and got two for it.

JoBo

Not a wonder that they didnt last long. line of sight in a crowded parking lot=frustration. It would make a neat conversation piece tho, do u remember what the company was called?

Back