• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Secondary fuse block

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
Well, Ive added a lot of electrical acessories, and my positive battery terminal is starting to look rediculous.

I have

2 100w driving lights on the front
2 55w rolllbar lights
2 55w reverse lights
an amp

I plan on doing a e fan conversion, and a light harness for the factory lights.

What can I do to get the cluster of wires off the battery and somewhat organized.

Last edited:
they sell these things at advanced, or any part store for that matter that is what you said, a secondary fuse block. You run one positive to it and then hook all your stuff to it and it has holders for fuses in it. Makes every thing alot cleaner.

check west marine there a marine store and have a bunch of fuse block to choose from. also much of the marine stuff is slightly better quality than the automotive places sell.

i mounted mine in the plastic kick pannel next to your left foot on the drivers side.

Check around for a marine supply shop - you'll find fuzed distro blocks that are used for building boats - and should work for you as well. Then, you'd just run a spur lead to the fuze block from the battery, and clean things up.

Put any relays (you should have a few to save load on the switches) after the fuze block - relays make very poor fuzes.

5-90

If you run an Optima battery you can add the front post terminals and use those for a few accessories. Just don't use them for anything high amperage or they'll blow the internal parallel connections between the top and side posts. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, use a marine-grade fuse block.

Timber said:
If you run an Optima battery you can add the front post terminals and use those for a few accessories. Just don't use them for anything high amperage or they'll blow the internal parallel connections between the top and side posts. Otherwise, as others have pointed out, use a marine-grade fuse block.

i beleive he is looking for an alternative to loading up any of the terminals on the bat. it's nice to put a fuse box somewhere that wires can be easily run to and keep it accesable and neat. that way if you plan to install anythign else you have a place to run your wires to.

I got a good deal on a painless wiring aux. fuse block. and installed it in the cab, pass. side behid the kick plate under the dash. I only needed to put a 1/2 in spacer between the plastic trim piece and the body, you can't even tell there is something back there.

I ran one power lead to the battery and one lead to the current fuse block( for swithed acc.) then ran my power lines fo acc. between the upper and lower dash. I hooked up my arb compressor light switch and cb radio to them.

as long as you keep all the wires flat the dash goes back together fine, I used those little sticky pad brackets for zip ties to keep it neat.

bj-666 said:
i beleive he is looking for an alternative to loading up any of the terminals on the bat. it's nice to put a fuse box somewhere that wires can be easily run to and keep it accesable and neat. that way if you plan to install anythign else you have a place to run your wires to.
I know; I got it, but just thought I'd throw in that option. I have some lighting running off the front posts and a couple accessories off the top posts and it isn't messy at all. I also run a marine-grade fuse block.

Back