• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's on 2"

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
well just finished installing my 2" Rustys BB and i need some new tires. well my dads buddy has a used set of Goodyear Wrangler A/T will a good amount of tread left for $80, but they are 31x10.50x15's. i sit about 2.5" in the front and about 3.5" in the rear, do you think i could fit those 31's without trimming the fenders? cuz i dont have the tool, the time, nor the skills to trim fenders. lemme know what you guys think. thanks

I run 31's on my MJ and it is not trimmed. It is basically a mall crawler. I had 31's stock. They would just barely kiss the front flares when turning. Now with the BB, nada.

maybe it depends on your tires?

I have BFG AT and it had to be lifted with these stupid extender things in the front until i could get the lift kit.
But with out those i wouldn't be able to turn anywhere.

Are the tires mounted already? If so slap them suckers on and see. Being ATs they may fit but you will most likely get some rub.

I have bfg AT 31's on a 2"BB and I've twisted it up a couple times with no rubbing(stock grizzly wheels). I should cut the fenders a bit but it's not a priority right now as I'm doing brake work. Short answer, you can do it just don't do any hard core wheeling. BTW you want to put two washers behind the steering stops so you don't have them rubbing in your LCA's

I used to run 31's on a budget boost, and it worked just fine (given I never disconnected the sway bar). The only time I ever rubbed was when I got new 8" rims with 3.75" backspacing. So as long as you stay with a stock or a relatively conservative backspaced wheel, I say get 'em.
Good Luck
Bruce

imt9pj.jpg

imt7kp.jpg

first pic is an RE 2" bb, no swaybars, 34" LTBs
second pic is same with my 31" BFG A/Ts. It can be done.

i run 31s on a 2" bb and i only rub offroad... street its fine... but i plan on a light trim or another inch soon

Back