• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What did you do Christmas Eve?

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Rollins and I went wheeling. Here's a few photos from the trip.

Climbling up Clark Mountain. Ivanpah Lake in the distance.
ColosseumMine-2.jpg

The Colosseum Mine.
ColosseumMine-12.jpg

This lake at the bottom is larger than a football field and more than 30 feet deep.
ColosseumMine-19.jpg

Lunchtime.
ColosseumMine-26.jpg

Rollins kicking in a rock.
ColosseumMine-29.jpg

Introducing the new center for Costa Mesa's flag football team...
ColosseumMine-31.jpg

Ya just gotta hope that another boulder does NOT come crashing down while driving in the mine.
ColosseumMine-33.jpg

Can you tell he's wearing long underwear?
ColosseumMine-39.jpg

Sandy Valley way out in the distance.
ColosseumMine-44.jpg

The rare Brown Afro Bush.
ColosseumMine-45.jpg

Found a survey marker. Gotta log it on geocache.com
ColosseumMine-47.jpg

Poseur in the middle of Ivanpah Lake. Primm, NV. in the background.
ColosseumMine-51.jpg

The Beverly Hillbilly's new truck.
ColosseumMine-55.jpg

The rest of the pics are at my album

Didn't do much last night. Played some football in the mornin'. Going swimming in a couple hours(I love So Cal) :D

Nice Hummer BTW.

my crew worked.....no days off for us slaves

i got a check for 700 bucks so that means my lift is right around the corner

cupcake

Merry XMAS everyone

Just hung out around the hut myself. Nice pics; especially the Cap'n Morgan pose from Rollins and the weakend warrier HUMVEE (Nice caption on that one). Marrier Christmas all.

Hell, if I'd known you were at home, I could have come over for another 10 hour wrench-fest. :) I just sat in a semi-vegetative state in front of the tube (it was a tough holiday seson at work). Still gotta wrap some presents...

Installed a set of rockrails

Went to my parents house and celebrated with the whole famn damily.

Where did you take the picture of the Hummer? I saw that thing driving through Irvine on Friday morning.

BTW Merry Christmas Michelle and Andy

karstic said:
Where did you take the picture of the Hummer? I saw that thing driving through Irvine on Friday morning.

In the parking lot of the Primm Valley Resort.

Big Christmas Eve family dinner at my uncle's place. Started early afternoon, finished late at night. It was quite nice and the only thing that was missing was some snow outside the windows.

slowrider said:
Nice pics; especially the Cap'n Morgan pose from Rollins
LOL !!!! Capt'n. Rollins.......ARRRRR Ya scurvey rocks.... :laugh3:
Be safe doing whatever it is y'all do.....especially you Lady Wolf....
See Ya !
Curt :us:

Ok so I didn't drive my Jeep but instead decided to ride along with Andy. It's still fun getting out to see things. Thanks Andy. Here's a few photos I took.

Bird of prey's nest in a windmill.
photo3.jpg

Clouds.
photo5.jpg

Desert quail
photo13.jpg

Small plant and small flower.
photo18.jpg

The Colosseum Mine.
photo22.jpg

Can you see Andy's Jeep?
photo26.jpg

Pyrite in some rocks, see the small pyrite cube.
photo46.jpg

Andy reading at the lunch spot
photo48.jpg

Look at the colors!
photo64.jpg

Wild horses
photo82.jpg

Ivanpah Dry Lake.
photo84.jpg

Sunset.
photo90.jpg

Mike R

Wow, nice pics.... Went to my wifes uncles house, talked cars... He's a hot rod fabricator on the side...Some really nice cars... Went to another friends house ate some homemade tamales, gained about 20 lbs within 24 hours..... and had to come home around midnight and play Santa Claus..... My spoiled ass kids GOT HOOKED UP THIS YEAR!!! But they deserve it... Good grades get rewarded.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Scott

What did _I_ do Christmas Eve?

I went to see Jim Brown and Sarah, as it was her first day out of the hospital. She is recovering really well, all things considered.

-C

cal said:
What did _I_ do Christmas Eve?

I went to see Jim Brown and Sarah, as it was her first day out of the hospital. She is recovering really well, all things considered.

-C

Best wishes as always for them!

Mike R

xjohnnyc said:
Hell, if I'd known you were at home, I could have come over for another 10 hour wrench-fest. :) I just sat in a semi-vegetative state in front of the tube (it was a tough holiday seson at work). Still gotta wrap some presents...

I'll pass on the 10 hour thrash for a week or two.

slowrider said:
I'll pass on the 10 hour thrash for a week or two.
LOL... you sure? I"m going to be installing drop brackets on the jeep today and could use an expert ;) :D :D (just kidding).
If you're going to be out and about can you drop of that key for the grinder though? I'll be in the driveway probably all day cutting of the springs :(

Back