• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help from coil spring experts!

wheelin4cheap

NAXJA Forum User
90, 4.0

As you can see from this picture, my rear is lifted more than my front. The rear consists of a D44 w/ 6" Rusty's and MJ shackle. The front is currently a D30 w/ skyjacker 3" coils and teraflex 2" spacer, and a lot of weight with the warn front bumper and a winch. I want to throw in some new coils that will even my ride height. I was thinking skyjacker 6", but then I thought that with the added weight I have up front, this might only net about 1" and I am pretty sure I need at least 2". Any suggestions appreciated.

sag1.jpg

maybe its just the pic

but looks leveled to me

but as far as helping u out

go with the 6in coils and add some adjustable coil spacers that way u can
dial in the proper height

that should do it

cas

Looks real level to me too.. If you are running a 3" coil now try a 4.5" with the spacers. I think a 6" coil may be too much. I have a little downward front angle on mine but it works fine for me.

the handeling charicteristics for the XJ are optimal if you have the nose lower than the rear by around 1/2" to 1" but if you insist on leveling it out the 6" would actually net proabably closer to 6.5" or 7" or you could get a 3/4" spacer too. got one on mine.

( by the way, it looks good as is )

steagall9301 said:
the handeling charicteristics for the XJ are optimal if you have the nose lower than the rear by around 1/2" to 1"...
why is that?

steagall9301 said:
the handeling charicteristics for the XJ are optimal if you have the nose lower than the rear by around 1/2" to 1"

How do you figure that?

I'd take out the 2" spacer and try the 6" coils. Or, you could just add another stock isolator to what you have now for 3/4". It looks a little low in the front to me, if you look at the plane of the ground and tires.

Back