• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

31's

jeepindeadhead

NAXJA Forum User
this is probably the wrong spot to post this, but i found a good deal on a 95 xj 5sp i need a new jeep after rolling mine. but its a 4cyl, would that engine work alright with my 4inch lift and 31's from my other jeep? atleast till the engine goes and i can swap my 6cyl into it? i know it will work fine, but will it have enough power to do what i can with my jeep now? and how would the 31's affect the mileage with the 4 cyl?

jeepindeadhead said:
this is probably the wrong spot to post this, but i found a good deal on a 95 xj 5sp i need a new jeep after rolling mine. but its a 4cyl, would that engine work alright with my 4inch lift and 31's from my other jeep? atleast till the engine goes and i can swap my 6cyl into it? i know it will work fine, but will it have enough power to do what i can with my jeep now? and how would the 31's affect the mileage with the 4 cyl?

You know that the swap from 4 to 6 isnt as simple as slap the engine in and go right.
your lift and tires should be fine. Ideally a regear to 4.56s is in order but temporarily, you should be fine.

Back