• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ bed

gr8tires

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking at buying an "89 MJ, 2wd, 6cyl/auto. I guess it needs a complete bed, but I don't know much about this.
I guess it originally had a LONG bed, but the owner has a SHORT bed available for more $$. Is this an easy modification? Or should I replace with another LONG bed. Also, what would be a good cost for a used long bed?

Won't fit.

The wheel base is different from the long bed to the short bad, and the long bed has more rear overhang. They also use different gas tanks.

If it was a long bed, replace it with a long bed.

A year ago I paid $500 for a used MJ shortbed box in good condition. I had to drive 75 miles (each way) to pick it up.

Thanks for the advice.
By the way, I keep seeing replies with the letters BTT, BTTFT, etc. I can't figure out what they stand for. Help?

With this style forum, each time some other thread gets a response after the most recent response on "your" thread, the other thread goes to the top of the heap and everything else gets moved down one. "BTT" is "Back To Top".

I never saw BTTFT and I don't know what it means.

Just so everyone knows I have a solution to the fact that the box won't fit. I have the rear half of an MJ cab to make up for the 8" or so of missing bed. Eagle is correct it won't fit without fab work.

BTTFT is Back To The F***ing Top.

The short bed that I have is in very close to perfect condition.

If the above guys' beds aren't near you, you can also try car-part.com Any year longbed will work.
Jeep on!
--Pete

if the money is right go for it, the one in kannapolis is still there,also if thing go right i will have a complete dana 30 with everything for sale soon.

Back