• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

loose brake pressure and mc was out in rear.

prettylimited

NAXJA Forum User
always been kinda screwy havent even looked into them yet.if i pump i get pressure but after awhile it bleeds down and brakes release.doesnt do it all the time,lastime i was up i checked when i got home because it felt like they went out completely.rear resovoir was out of fluid and front was full.......

if the rear was out of fluid then it must have a leak somewhere. Find the leak and you've found your problem.

prettylimited said:
ok just wanted to make sure,thought maybe there was a common leak area.im thinking my rear drum pistons are the culprit.

Same problem I had...both wheel cylinders were FUBARED

If the wheel cylinders are leaking, you'll see brake fluid slung out on the inside of the wheel and tire. Other places to look are the neoprene hose at the rear diff, and the brake tubing (it tends to rust through ).

Did you say the rear reservoir? That one works the front brakes, but the search procedure is the same....might be from a front hose, they get a lot of flexing.....

Re: prop valve?loose brake pressure and mc was out in rear.

sweet.thats what i wanted to hear is that it was the front,that would explain why when it was out i had no brakes.cause if that was to the rear the front would be able to stop me without the rears working.also has anyone removed the proportioning valve?what did you use in place of.

Back