• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 vacuum motor stuff(sorta long)

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So for almost the past 3 years I've had problems with shifting into 4WD. I've got the shatty disconnect D30. It would hesitate before it went in and it would take forever to get out too(the shifter would be in 2Hi but the 4WD was still engaged) A couple years ago I had it into a shop(this was before NAXJA) and they said the plug had become disconnected from the vacuum motor because the motor was trashed. For the past 2 years I've had a hose clamp around the plug. Well today I figured out the plug will pull off of the vacuum lines as well, so I took the whole plug off, took it in and cleaned the 1" thick sludge build up inside the passages and out. The 4WD actually engages and disengages right away. It's amazing! Eventually I'll probably end up going with a posilok but for right now I guess I'll just leave it the way it is, seems to be working pretty well, until it falls off again I guess. Just thought I would inform everyone of this in case you never paid close enough attention to the plug to know it would come off. It might just help out your 4WD problem. Also has anyone taken the motor off and like cleaned it out? I would imagine this might remedy my problem even more. I've got/had a lot of oil leaks up there so it kinda builds up on it. I see the 4 bolts that hold it on, how much more involved is it than that? Thanks guys.

all i've heard is those bolt like to snap

funvtec said:
all i've heard is those bolt like to snap

groovy, I guess like every other one on my XJ

anyone else have any thoughts/experience with this?

Back