• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just to inform, PSC SUCKS

Jackhill442

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had trouble with PSC power steering? I am ready to blow the place up. I ordered a steering box about 1 month ago. I paid $300, which is not much less than a new dealer item, for a reman unit. It was absolute crap, I could barely drive the Jeep straight down the road. I called for a warranty replacement, and they were not only non remorseful of me having to wait and do the labor again, they were downright rude. So I waited over a week, no arrival. I called again, and they were like, "oh the torsion bar was bad, so it hasn't shipped yet, blah blah, no apology or anything, meanwhile the Jeep is tough to keep on the road with the binding joke of a part. Since it was taking so long, I wanted them to ship to my parents, which is where I would be for Christmas. I tracked the package today, and it is going to the other address! I have had it. I heard they had a good reputation for service and parts, and both are absolute dogsh*t. Please nobody use them, take your business elsewhere.

Lares Corp. has grown up, they used to be a mid sized family business. But they have always gone the extra mile for me. They once sent an employee, down to the local junk yards, to look for the proper splin input (doughnut) adapter, for a steering box I had. And charged me me a whole lot less, than the time and effort it cost them to get it.
They have grown up and somewhat lost the family business model. But I still stick with them. And have no problem with referring business there way.
There stuff isn't exotic, but the price is right, the return policy is right and they seem to care about there reputation. And used to build boxes to order, at standard (book) prices. Exotic doesn't really have to cost more.

FWIW,

My PSC box and pump are working great, and have been for about 6 months. Lots of gnarly trails, too.

They did send me the wrong pump at first, but sent me the right one, after 2 weeks.

Rick

Back