• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91 wont start

allthingsoffroad

NAXJA Forum User
ok here is what i have it is a 91 2wd has been sitting for 6 months or so it ran and dorve to where it is sitting but the radiator leaked. the guy i got it from took the ecu and plug wires so i bought a radiator wires and an ecu all on now but there is no spark on the plugs... heres whats weird at the ignition coil using a multimeter i get .5-.9 volts but the battery reads 12.5 or so does that meen the ignition coil is bad? or could somthing else cause that? it cranks fine just does no fire every thing seems to be working a/c lights just no fire...

allthingsoffroad said:
heres whats weird at the ignition coil using a multimeter i get .5-.9 volts but the battery reads 12.5 or so does that meen the ignition coil is bad?
Do a resistance check on that coil. Between primary and secondary terminals mine reads around 6.2K ohms. Manual says anything over 9K is bad. Also, check the operation on Crankshaft Position Sensor (use the search button, as this has been discussed at length), as it is a common culprit in no-spark situations.

Do you have one of these of did he take it also?
PC87.jpg

Back