• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

did a search but couldnt find what i needed(msd ignition ugrade)

xj89

NAXJA Forum User
anybody running theres stuff, im think about going with there regular ignition upgrade or the offroad one. and geting there upgraded coil. im also going to be getting a bored out throttle body and spacer. i have the whole free flowing exhaust. do u think i will notice any improvements with the msd set up or is a waste of money. any feedback is accepted.

I'm a big MSD fan - I've used their kit quite a bit.

However, I'd also go so far as to say that, if you're running a stock engine, it really isn't worth the dosh you'd lay out.

Now, if you're running a heavily modified engine - especially with forced induction - I'd go for it.

But, if you're still running a stocker, the OEMR ignition is all you're likely to need.

5-90

Mine came with the MSD ignition and coil that were installed by the previous owner. I removed both and sold them on eBay. There was no change in performance.

Back