• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A newbie to posting

cr18240

NAXJA Forum User
I want to cut down and swap a ford 9 inch in the rear of my cherokee. I searched and found an overwhelming amount of info but didnt find a tech article on the actuall work. anyone have one?

ok ive never actually done this for what that is worth but i was looking into it. http://www.bc4x4.com/tech/2000/highpiniond60rear/highpiniond60rear.cfm
check out that write up. its pretty on cue. you definitely need an alignment jig. other than that its just cut, align, weld, cut the shafts and respline and your off. i believe. i decided to just get an xj 44 for the rear. if you are looking to get a nice rear axle i have a dana 60 low pinion for 200. its already pretty cleaned up. i changed my mind in the middle of the project.

thanks for the info I'l check it out i was hopeing not to need custom shafts as for the 60 i think im going the dana 44 route if the ford 9" dosnt pan out the 9" is free but thanks for the offer

do it. full width. hell yeah. im way to big of a skirt to do full width. too hard to find a driver side drop front 60 or 44 with 64" wms to wms. and way to much fab for me. im lazy. but if you can do it i definitely would.

I have bushwacker cut out flares but running it full width would be ileagle in Pa 0" past the flare its a daylly driver sorry i cant spell not my strong suit the article was helpfull thats a hell of a lot of work damm nice though free axle pluss 2 grand in parts thats rough

Back