• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fitting 33s?

Alright, so Im saving up for new tread...plannin on puttin them on in the spring, I currently am running 31s, with a 3.5"RE and trimmed flares. Can I fit 33s with this set up?
Heres a pic of it now if that helps....
100_2360.jpg

Thanks

...:rolleyes:...

really?! I dont know much about wheels and tires, so do I get skinnier wheels? I have these cause the guy I got the tires off of threw them in with the tires for a total of 800 for both and the tires only had 300miles on them, didnt want to pass that up..

Some people use wheel spacers so they can run the stock Jeep wheels... but I wouldn't reccommend it.

Some people run 33 x 10.50 and that seems to avoid the issue too.

plenty of lift for em. 1250s are gonna rub the control arm coil tower and possibly leaf springs. those are stock 5.25" backspaced wheels right?

With some new wheels you will be good to go. The rears may rub flexed up.

But this depends to a large degree on what brand tires you get..."33s" aren't always "33s". My TSLs are considerably taller than my old Cooper Discoverers.

You may need to fiddle with bumpstop some. My Heep used almost exclusively in mud has no clearance issues...heavily flexed, the rears get on the flares a little.

4.5 inches with 4" BS wheels is the minimum id run for 33x12.50's. Otherwise, your going to be doing ALOT of trimming or alot of bumpstopping. I currently run a RE 4.5 Superflex kit(gave about 6") and 33x12.50's and i still had to do quite a bit of trimming in order to get everything to fit when flexed hard.

it should be enough lift. you can always trim some. but get new rims. thoes rims look stupid and too big. get a package deal on 33s with rims. then you can get the backspacing you want

Jeffro600 said:
4.5 inches with 4" BS wheels is the minimum id run for 33x12.50's. Otherwise, your going to be doing ALOT of trimming or alot of bumpstopping. I currently run a RE 4.5 Superflex kit(gave about 6") and 33x12.50's and i still had to do quite a bit of trimming in order to get everything to fit when flexed hard.

1. The RE 3.5" is more than 3.5" of lift, probably is 4.5" or even 5".

2. There is nothing wrong with more bumpstop

3.There is something wrong with high COG.

I run RE 4.5" and I am at 6" of lift and after trimming my fenders I want t ogo to 35s soon.

Here's one of the rigs that Dirk at DPG has on their website for their 4" hybrid lift, which is the RE 6030, .75" coil spacer, his bumpstops, adj. trackbar, and SS brake lines. I'll be doing this to mine next summer.

GCXJ3.JPG

GCXJ4.JPG

No the spacers are for the fornt coils. The rear end (leaf springs) mornally sit higher than the coils, so the spacer is to level it out. The tires look popped out, because there are no fenders adn it has aftermarket rims with different backspacing. Stock backspacing is 5.25", which is how far the rim is set into the axle. Those look like about 4-4.5" backspacing, so they would stick out .75-1.25" farther. it helps clear suspension components with wider tires.

shotstopper said:
Package deal? where would I find something like that?

Seriously just get wheels that are 15x8, 5 on 4.5 and have backspacing from 3.75 - 4.25 and you'll be good. I run 4.25 backspacing cause I have no flares and too me it looks perfect and I don't rub anywhere lock to lock.

4wheelparts and tirerack, etc all will sell you a package deal, but its not always cheaper, plus you still need to know what wheel to run (like stated above).

Back