• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using a cooler rack up front?

jbt114

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 XJ that I use to surf fish the south shores of Long Island. Very soft, sugary type of sand. I'm cosidering mounting a removable 100 qt. cooler rack on the front of the Jeep. What concerns should I have with running hotter than usual. The cooler will be large enough to block most of the radiator.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

With the style of cooling that year has, I have the same in my 88, it will probably effect you. Coupel of blocks between the hood and hinges did the trick for me this summer as I hadn't gotten the Chryco hood vents installed. 100 qt. is an awfully big cooler and will block the whole radiator.

You might get away with a 3 core but there is so little opening as it is that anything would probably mess you up. How about out back and leave just the rods up front?

Chris,

Where on the south shore do you go driving on the beach?
I'm onthe beach a fair amount myself.
During the summer, my jeep runs fairly hot on the beach, and I highly recommend a tranny temp gauge and external cooler.
I have a rear hitch-rack on the back of my XJ. it works great, but something like a big cooler would prevent you from opening the back hatch...just something to think about

CaptTrev

Back