• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Coil Spacers?

Dragline

NAXJA Forum User
While walking through the Junkyard today, I was looking at a V8 - ZJ for a possible front coil transplant. I noticed these on the rear (axle was already gone). If you look, they are different shapes. They both have an ID of approx 1.5" They are about .75" thick.

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

0aa4b0cb.jpg

Any reason I can't use these on the front of my XJ???
They have the following numbers on them:
on one of them
and
on the other

dont see why you couldn't. What would it hurt?

just make sure that you dont put the most weight bearing part of the coil near the cut out part on the base

BRIANHO13 said:
I have used the ones of the front of the zj, they fit perfect.

There are none on the front. This Jeep had the factory tow package and I just assumed they are part of that package?? Does anyone know if they are on the rear of all ZJ's? Just the ones equipped with a tow package?

Go here http://allchryslerparts.com/ and punch on the part number (5208xxxx) no spaces and it should give the item description. ZJ's have a coil spacer on front and rear. The ZJ fronts are the same dimesions as XJ's but are just a bit thicker than XJ spacers. The rears have that flat spot to clear a body pinch weld. My Teraflex 2" coil spacers look just like your pics.

These are spring isolators and (1) each side should be on your factory stock XJ. The XJ ones measure .75' each and are available from your Jeep dealer for about $13.

If you are thinking of stacking them, it has been my experience that they don't take it too long and you'd be better off buying poly spacers the size you need.

i thought that signature on the spacer looked framiliar. Then i saw your profile. What part of richmond are you from. Ohh and i have a few of these at my house watin to go on when i decide to lift mine a little more. im just gonna use them to level the jeep out side to side.

scott

The greater majority of parts on my MJ have either CAP or CAR on them :laugh3: I live in Chester....if you see a red MJ in the parking lot, look me up in the Chryco section :wave:

Are the front coils still on that ZJ you're talking about? I can't get them to understand that when they set XJ/ZJ/MJ's down in their yards, they shouldn't put the fronts down on the LCA's!! (I sneak a small bottle jack in buried in the bottom of my toolbox so I can lift the front ends up, shhhh!!) I was gonna pull the coils on Saturday, but didn't have the time to fool with them.
Jeff

Jeff in VA said:
Are the front coils still on that ZJ you're talking about? I can't get them to understand that when they set XJ/ZJ/MJ's down in their yards, they shouldn't put the fronts down on the LCA's!! I was gonna pull the coils on Saturday, but didn't have the time to fool with them. Jeff
Not any more. I went and pulled the coils this afternoon. Took me almost three hours just to get them off! I took one of thier big hoists and lifted the front of the Jeep up and moved the "jack stands" back just behind the LCA's. They also crush the gas tank skids when the set them down!

The isolators from the front are different than the ones in the back. Different size, different shape, different inside diameter. I think they are the same size as the XJ. I don't see any reason they can't be stacked.
scottsxj said:
huh small world i live in that neighborhood right beside powhite, providence creek.
I know where that is. You're only a mile or two from me. I see you wotk at Advance. Do you work at the one just around the corner on Hull St?

Dragline said:
Not any more. I went and pulled the coils this afternoon. Took me almost three hours just to get them off! I took one of thier big hoists and lifted the front of the Jeep up and moved the "jack stands" back just behind the LCA's. They also crush the gas tank skids when the set them down!

The isolators from the front are different than the ones in the back. Different size, different shape, different inside diameter. I think they are the same size as the XJ. I don't see any reason they can't be stacked.

I know where that is. You're only a mile or two from me. I see you wotk at Advance. Do you work at the one just around the corner on Hull St?

i work at the one at the corner of midlothian and courthouse. If you get a peice off wood, and disconnect the shock bolts and sway bar links you can pop those coils off in no time at all.

Last edited:
scottsxj said:
i work at the one at the corner of midlothian and courthouse. If you get a peice off wood, and disconnect the shock bolts and sway bar links you can pop those coils off in no time at all.

You never have what you need when you're there. I finally popped them off with a drag link that was laying around. I may be visiting your store next week to borrow coil compressors. Even if I don't need them, I think I'll keep them on hand just in case.

Back