• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How often should I need an alignment?

XJ Samo

NAXJA Forum User
My stock height 88 xj with 4.0 aw4 trans. seems to need an alignment every three months or so. Its my DD on the street or on the dirt road that I live on.
My leaf springs are negatively arched and are being replaced next month same as my steering stabalizer and my control arm bushings. I rotate and balance my tires every oil change (every 3500 miles or so).
Is their anything I do to prevnt this? I took it to wheel works and they aligned it two months later it was pulling again. PLEASE HELP IM GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT!!

P.S. It's pulling right if that helps.

Once aligned it should never need it again untill something wears out and is replaced.
I think it's suggested that it be checked at 50,000 miles.

Dunno.

My '88 has never been aligned since the day I picked it up, new, in January 1988. 254,000 miles and counting.

My 98 has never been aligned other than to throw it up on the rack and put the sensors on it at one of my customers garages after I fixed the PC that ran the software on the alignment machine. It was still in spec at 280,000mi or so... Slow down on the dirt road :D

If your worried about it and dont want to spend 50 to 60 bucks every 3 months then go to the closest Firestone. Their lifetime alignment is around a 140 bucks, and there is no milage limits. So you can take it in every weekend if you want. Works great for me cause I wheel about once a month and take it in the next day no questions asked. Best deal IMO.

Back