• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I love my Bridgestone REVOs, but...

98JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
...they are wearing really fast.

Size: P235/70R16
Inflation: 35psi

With just over 8k on them, they have worn from 13/32" down to 9/32". I rotate them regularly, keep 'em properly inflated, and I aligned it when I put the tires on(so I know it was done right). My daily commute (5 or 6 days a week) is about 30 miles, 28 of which are on the open highway. So it's not like these are hard miles ripping around town.

They're wearing evenly, not cupping or anything... they're just plain wearing! At this rate, they'll be worn out (2/32") at around 22k to 23k.

Now, the poor treadwear aside, the Revos are pretty damn good tires. They're quiet and well-mannered on the highway and on the little bit of "around town" driving I do. They're awesome in the rain and pretty good in the snow too, they just don't wear for sh!t.

I'm not really asking any questions here, I'm just opening this thread for some discussion and to tell anybody thats thinking about these tires to maybe think twice about it.

My one year old 9.50 X 30 Revos have 24,000 miles on them and have maybe another 12-15K worth of tread left. I run them at 28 PSI on the street and 16-18 PSI in the dirt. They get rotated every oil change.
I often check and adjust the toe-in. The most minor change in suspension and/or loading causes the toe-in to change. Improper toe-in will wear the tires out quickly. Learning to do your own alignments is a good thing for every XJ owner to learn.
I do like how well they work in rain and snow. When these wear out, they will be replace with another set of Revos in 31"s.

hmmm....I've got the Dueler A/T 693's on my XJ and love them. Got about 10K on them and no signs of wear yet. I run 35psi in them. They're very similar to the REVO's, just a tad cheaper. Just got a set of REVO's on the other Jeep....i'll certainly keep an eye on them as I run them with 35psi also.

I got a set of Revo's 225/70/15's or whatever the stock jeep size is at Costco for $300 bucks, got about 6000 miles of highway, around town, and a little dirt and mud and they show no wear. I also agree that they do pretty well in the rain and snow and coming from goodyear MT/R's on my old lifted XJ i barley even hear them

As far as pressure goes, 35psi is working well based on contact patch appearance of the wet tires driving onto a dry garage floor. Also, they are wearing perfectly even across the tire, not more in the centers as if they were overinflated.

I'm starting to think I got a set of reject tires here based on everything I've read about how well they're supposed to wear.

98JeepXJ said:
As far as pressure goes, 35psi is working well based on contact patch appearance of the wet tires driving onto a dry garage floor. Also, they are wearing perfectly even across the tire, not more in the centers as if they were overinflated.

I'm starting to think I got a set of reject tires here based on everything I've read about how well they're supposed to wear.

I've got the 225/75/15's with about 8-10K on them- They are wearing very fast too. they seem to wear pretty evenly, but much faster-

My original dueler a/ts lasted close to 60,000.

I can't see them making it much past 25K before they're worthless in the snow.

32.5 PSI highway, 28 around town in the snow.

I was considering Revos for my next tire but Ive read a couple different places that they are wearing fast. Thats a shame because they seem to be a good tire otherwise. I guess I'll stick with BFGs.

I think they have a 50K mile Warranty, if mine on my LJ wear out before then, I will have em replaced by Bridgestone. You might want to check the warranty specifics out.

kthrash said:
I think they have a 50K mile Warranty, if mine on my LJ wear out before then, I will have em replaced by Bridgestone. You might want to check the warranty specifics out.

I wouldnt be surprised if that warranty isnt prorated. That means you would get back maybe $10 per tire. I doubt they will put new tires on for you.

They way the warranty reads, if they wear out before 50% of the warranty they will be replaced free of charge. After 50% (25K Miles) they are pro-rated. The prorating is usually based on your intial cost of the tire. so if you spent $100 per tire, and they wear out 1/3 too fast you would get $33 back per tire.

The Guy that started the thread said his would wear out before 25K thus my advice to check on the warranty thing.

A note on this 50K warranty:

The Passenger type Revos have a 50,000 mile warranty-

the LT light truck type do not.

check to see which ones you got- everyone here most likely has the LT.

Plus, if you can provide proof that you have rotated and balanced your tires when scheduled, that will really help your case.

mine have 45K on them and I have no wear problems. I don't even rotate all that regularly. not sure what could be causing this. when I bought them most the reviews said on heavier full size vehicle they wore fast but on smalll SUVs and trucks they were great, and that has been my experience.

The problem with my situation is that I bought them from a wholesale tire place and mounted and balanced them myself, so they're not even warrantied. At the time, I thought "these tires are so great that I don't need to worry about a warranty so I'm not going to pay somebody to mount and balance when I can do it myself for free"

Yeah, I'm kickin myself now...

My 235/75 Revos lasted 70k miles, just replaced them yesterday with Toyo Open Country A/T. I was very happy with the Revos. They were a big improvement over the stock Wranglers. They were rotated three times, and were kept at 42psi for mostly suburban driving. The Revos did get noisy with some loss of ride comfort, but that must be true of every older tire. I went with 30x9.5's, (I have no lift) and the ride seems a lot more sure-footed. An 1 1/2" lift kit is a January project.

My Revos are wearing well and I NEVER get good tread wear out of tires. I have almost 30K miles on them and they are just now starting to show some wear. Not a whole lot though, they look like they'll make it to 50K miles. If not, I'll get a little bit off my next set since I'll definitely be getting a new set when these wear out. I do rotate them every other oil change (6000 miles), I keep them properly inflated (32 psi), and I make sure they're properly balanced and the alignment is in check.

Btw, they aren't passenger car tires if you don't get the LTs. On my 235/75/15s, the LTs just have a slightly higher load rating. I've been through a lot of shit in mine and I've never blown out a side wall. I blew out a sidewall in my Geolanders doing less than I've been throuhg in my Revos.

Back