• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 XJ 2 Door - Busted Rear Vent Window...Replacement Help.

10-32

NAXJA Forum User
1995 Jeep XJ Sport
2 Door

Alright....so, while I was out camping/hiking last weekend, some tool decides to bust out a window on my XJ while I am away from the campsite.

The problem is, my XJ is a 2 door, with the little pop-out vent windows in the rear and it's one of these that he broke out.

DC wants $437.50 to replace it....Of course, they say they have to replace the ENITRE rear window, not just the vent itself. Jackasses.

I have searched every junkyard in southern Arizona for a 2 door XJ with the vent window...apperantly they are rarer than hen's teeth, since no one's got one in their lot.

I am not going to pay DC $437.50. Plexi-glass also ain't an option. My XJ is beat enough as is. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

10-32

Go on google and type in used auto parts and you'll get sites that let you search for parts that different auto parts yards around the country have, most have prices and they'll ship it to you, or post an add in the wanted section on this site and maybe you'll get lucky with someone parting out a 2 door with the vent window. My last XJ was a 2 door with the vent windows and if i remember there was 2 little mounts holding it in place and if you took out 2 screws it would come out, not sure though because I never looked at it to closely

I have the little wing windows from the back of a 93 2-door XJ.
I also have the passenger larger glass piece for this type of window.
(some tool busted out the large piece on the drivers side while the Jeep was broke down)
I could not find anyone local looking for these peices and this Jeep is getting crushed soon. I believe the hinges are kind of rusty, so I'd let these go dirt cheap; but they still work and lock shut.

Send me a PM about this and we'll work something out. I believe they are slightly tinted glass, but I could be wrong.

I recently replaced both of the rear vents on my 87. It's simple to change in and out, the only tool you need is a phillips screwdriver. The most important piece of the assembly is the hinge and two window mounts. Dealer prices for the hinge and mounts are ridiculous. Keep looking around at the junkyards. I got both of mine for $67. Plexiglass could also be an option. just drill the holes accordingly.

jfiscus said:
I have the little wing windows from the back of a 93 2-door XJ.
I also have the passenger larger glass piece for this type of window.
(some tool busted out the large piece on the drivers side while the Jeep was broke down)
I could not find anyone local looking for these peices and this Jeep is getting crushed soon. I believe the hinges are kind of rusty, so I'd let these go dirt cheap; but they still work and lock shut.

Send me a PM about this and we'll work something out. I believe they are slightly tinted glass, but I could be wrong.

WOOT!

PM inbound

Back