• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD Steering/tie rods

play_in_the_mud

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 95 XJ lifted approx 5.5 inches going to replaced factory tie rods with an HD system. Any recomendations on a brand to go with. I looked at the rustys kit its not bad, and i know all rustys stuff is good. I also liked the poisonspyder.com setup its really thick but it uses the stock drag link. I know currie enterprises is really good but its so damn expensive, is it really worth it? Are there any other brands? Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!

I've run Rusty's steering conversion for approx 6 years and replaced the rod ends once.

I feel it was worth the price.

Gil BullyKatz said:
I've run Rusty's steering conversion for approx 6 years and replaced the rod ends once.

I feel it was worth the price.
I run the set up from a GC w/V-8 on my XJ. Cost me 20.00 from a junk yard.

xjman88 said:
I run the set up from a GC w/V-8 on my XJ. Cost me 20.00 from a junk yard.

Isn't that mod just the driver side tie rod?

I believe everyone here is talking about a more complete heavy duty setup that may also help get the tie rods up out of the way of rocks and such.

I feel that the stock drag link is beefy enough for most of us. To me the stock tie rod feels much more "chinsey" than the stock drag link. Though at 5.5 inches going with a new setup may be the best move. I know the big daddy tie rod is pretty cheap and heavy (60.00 from jeepinoutfitters.com) I jsut haven't bought it yet and it uses your stock TREs.

Back