• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine stalls during hard cornering

Dark93

NAXJA Forum User
My 93, although not engineered for the forces I try to apply, stalls during breakneck cornering. The fuel tank is always at least 1/4 full. Any wisdom as to why this occurs?

Dude - that's a good way to break your neck (when you flip your heep).

Really, don't know if this is for real or not but that's sort of unusual in something without a carb.

But I once had a '64 Bel Air that did that - a 6 cyl no kidding, with the Gabriel Hi-Jackers and the big fat Parnelli Jones skins on the back, and a Hurst shifter sticking out of a big hole in the side of the tranny hump, and "break-neck cornering" was about as dumb in that as it'd be in a Jeep. So the car complained in it's own way and probably for that and other reasons equally unexplained, I'm still alive.

It's like the old TV skit where the straight man says "doctor it hurts when I do this", and the doctor character says "then don't do that".
:moon:

Does it do it one direction and not the other?

Dark93 said:
My 93, although not engineered for the forces I try to apply, stalls during breakneck cornering. The fuel tank is always at least 1/4 full. Any wisdom as to why this occurs?
The tip over switch is going bad?

Mine did that when fuel pump was dying and tank was less than half.

do you have sway bars? mine did it when i turned right and had about 1/4 tank and had no sway bars. now that the front sway bar is back no problems with it.

it is just that you are sloshing all your gas away from the pump and when you straighten out all is fine

easy fix

take it easy its not a porshe

Normal, the gas gauge is about not exactly accurate. Mine does it going up two particular steep hills that both have sharp turns in them. Usually when there is about 350mi on the trip meter which means I'm down to 3-5 gallons in the tank.

Mine does that when there is less than a quarter tank and turning to the right at high speeds especially coming out of a stop. :mad:

Back