• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For people with spooled fronts (lincon lockers too)

tealcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

as most of you know im spooled up front, and i was in the rear too, but i busted a shaft on the street (dumped it from like 5 grand.....pissed at the girl) so thats back to open, going to put a spooled 60 in over break. any way, front spool, i drive around with my drivers side hub locked, passy side unlocked when the weather is bad and pop it into 4 as needed (d300 tcase, 44's front and rear btw), and when im on the gas in 4 it pulls to the left really hard, off the gas, or 2wd its fine. if i switch the hubs (lock the passy, unlock the drivers) it still pulls to the left, so all i can figure is its somewhere between the tcase and diff, but that makes no sense.....

hope someone has some ideas!

i can't explain torque steer but even with both wheels locked in you will feel the pulling feeling when on the gas. you can feel this same thing in some front wheel drive cars.

Back