• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front anti roll bar

ukjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
ok, just a quickie and YES I SEARCHED

my new (to me) 86 2 door ex wisconsin lhd xj has a hybrid 7" longarm kit on it originaly fab'd in the stated before shipped to the uk complete with scary steering and trackbar but the antiroll bar mounts on the axle have been cut off and roll bar removed. here in the uk thats suicidal due to our roads............................ so my question is how many people have no front anti roll bar and find it ok to drive????

im going to make new mounts get a new roll bar and some BDS discos, but all suggestions greatly appreciated

try searching for sway bar.
I don't run one on mine with long arms, just drive a little slower through corners.

oops, prob why nothing came up, but i was mainly looking for comments on "sway bars" with longarm setups before i go wild with the welder.

oh and thanks for your comment on speed

I also don't drive mine much on road (not a DD), so its up to you. Just be careful, if it was a dd i probably would put the swaybar back in.

A swaybar is a good idea for avoiding errant sheep.

Some of the Jeep suppliers have sway bar brackets to be modded or added with different steering setups. Not sure who off hand. Where in Scotland? I was born in Bridge of Allen and raised in Alloa until a Yank girl stole my heart. Get the swaybar ASAP. learned to drive over there.!!!!

mine's a daily driver too, and weekend 4 wheeler, when i was in the process of building the discos, i ran without the bar for about a week in the city. regular drivign with it off is not that bad. but if something happens needing for you to make a sharp turn or swurve out of the way you'll wish that thing is on. and for wheeling, just disconnect it. best of both worlds and safe.

If your worried put them back on. I've been running w/o them (both) for 2 years now with no probs. Even drove around 2000 miles in two days w/o them (Arizona to Kentucky). It all depends on your setup. I have 6" lift running 33x12.50's w/ 4" BS but also running Rancho adjustable shocks. I can fine tune them and it actually feels as though I still have them on. But like I said, its all in your setup because not everyone is running the same. Just becuase one person has had a bad experience doesnt mean everyone will. Yes, mine is a DD (alot) and offroad. Drive a little and see how it feels, whether you like it or not. Try some adjustable shocks if you can and see how it feels. If you dont like it buy some new mounts and weld them back on. Good luck Jeff

RNMedic said:
Some of the Jeep suppliers have sway bar brackets to be modded or added with different steering setups. Not sure who off hand. Where in Scotland? I was born in Bridge of Allen and raised in Alloa until a Yank girl stole my heart. Get the swaybar ASAP. learned to drive over there.!!!!

hi m8, im in dunfermline just north of edinburgh. spookily an american girl stole my heart also but she stays here instead. she prefers scotland to michigan ...... dunno why

Back