• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Performace Steering Stabalizer?

89BlackXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered a Rusty's perfomance steering stabalizer for my 89 XJ along with a 4.5 lift kit....Does anyone have any experience with this stabalizer and how much will it effect my ride...my steering is slightly loose right now and doesn't tend to take bumps well without feeling squirlly. Wil the satbalizer help this or should i get the double stabalizer upgrade?

I would never do the double, and any good stabilizer wont help tremendously, maybe a little. They are all about the same, it doesnt' matter that much. I run no stabilizer and love it.

Leave the stabilizer off until you find what is screwed up with your front end. Stabilizers just mask problems like you seem to be having. Dual stabilizers are for those that don't know the first thing about doing things right. Save your money, get a stock stabilizer for $15-20, and spend the difference on important things and proper maintenance.

OK sorry, I've got to ask.....

I remembered reading some of your previous posts and I went back and looked.

This one just 1 hour ago:
89BlackXJ said:
I have recently ordered a rusty's 4.5" lift kit and it cam ewith the "Rusty's" shocks. Are these a different brand of shocks sold through rusty's or does rusty's themself have their own shocks...wither way hw do these shocks measure up to the competition and how much will it improve my ride over stock?

This one last week:
89BlackXJ said:
I have a rusty's 4.5 inch lift on my xj and i was thinking about getting wither 31 or 32 inch tires....it says that 32x11.5 are the max with that lift......i was wondering how much travel i will have wiht the tires if i use the largest size....will my tires barely be fitting in the wheel well or what? If i go with a 31x10.5 will the tiers look awkward cus they're too small or will you not be able to tell? Will the 31's give me more travel space in my well?

So if you install 2 4.5" Rusty's kits, do you get 9" of lift? 2 XJ's maybe? Just curious/confused.

Back