• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2inchers!!!!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
well for christmas im asking for Flowmasters and 2in lift and some M/T's. now here are my dilemmas....Was looking at Re 2" lift which is nice but cost 230 dollars, and then theres Rustys 2" lift which is 100 dollars.now i know most of you are gonna say RE which i agree. and now about the tires. i know that with a 2" lift 30's are your best bet, and im gonna end up getting some retreads from high-tec. but i didnt see any 30x9.50 in the otr muds, and was wondering if 31's would be a good idea without having to trim the fenders at all? just wanna know what you guys think.

also with the Rubicon Express 2" lift. theres 2 which im sure most of you know. 1 comes with 1.75 coil spacers and with 2" add-a leafs. and then the other one comes with 2" coil spacers and 2 inch blocks. which one would yall go with?

i expected the material in the thread to be more.....

gay...

and small...

jrsxj98 said:
2" full-length Add-a-leaf. It's going to cost a little more, but it's better than having the short AAL pushing on the middle of your springs.

go with 3" right off the bat the blocks will eventually crack your springs and for the hassle of pulling out the coils to put in the spacers you might as well put in a 3" lift. i would have if i knew what i know know then. just passing on some wisdom

2 inch shackles, 2 inch spacer off of ebay would cost you less that a hundred bucks shipped. or piece a 3 inch kit together for 150 or less. remember that with 3 inches you will only need coils and combination of the two a rear aal, blocks, shackles. but all of this is way cheaper than 2 hundred dollars. then run 31 inch tires. if you are going to all that work and getting new tires go 3 inches.

imt9pj.jpg

RE 2" BB with AAL. 34" LTB's. Run 31's for DD. Quite a bit of trimming.

wholy shit woody. that is insane. lol. buy spacers and shackles. aals stiffen the ride up to much. shackles are still cheap and you get better flex with them. 31s wont work w/o trimming. you can be fine with just 30s. i dont know about the shock deal after lifting only 2 inches or so, but just go with rustys. not worth spending any extra coin on shocks that work with a 2 inch lift. or you can get 3 inch coils and even longer shackles. 3 inches is the max for other stock susp components

Back